Home  Family  Domestic Abuse

Domestic Abuse

If you are the victim of abusive, violent, threatening and harrassing behavoiur we can help you get the protection you need.

There are two ways in which you can apply for an injunction – with or without notice. A without notice application is one which is made without your husband/partner, knowing about it. Such applications can only be made where there is a real and immediate danger of serious injury or irreparable harm. If there is no immediate danger it may be appropriate to apply on notice.

A Non-Molestion Order is an injunction forbidding your husband/partner from:

(a)   using or threatening violence against you [and the children].

(b)   intimidating, harassing or pestering you [and the children].

An Occupation Order is an Injunction requiring your husband/partner, to vacate your property and not to return.

Bookmark and Share